ABC has framed new rules to implement Supreme Court of Pakistan decision in line with Media Commission’s Recommendations to achieve the following objectives:
- To purge the Dummy Newspapers/Periodicals
- To discourage forgery through various proposed penalties.
- To make ABC certification a credible benchmark for both advertisers and advertising agencies.
- To help the strengthening genuine press, leading to good governance.
ABC in collaboration with Punjab Information Technology Board (PITB) is also developing the following:
- Development of Dynamic Website and Management Information System (MIS) for ABC
- Integration of ABC Headquarter with ABC Regional Offices, Ministry of Information, Broadcasting and National Heritage, Press Information Department and Press Registrar Office and deployment of ICT infrastructure and server
- Digitalization of archives of ABC
- Transformation of the current manual working of ABC with robust automated system